For many families, the kitchen is the most important room in the house. It’s a room that needs to fulfil many functions and not taking the time to thoroughly plan your new kitchen, could be a costly mistake.
This guide will show you what to keep in mind when planning your first kitchen. Planning your new kitchen is a big endeavour with many choices and decisions to be made. But that’s exactly why we’ve put together this guide: to help you through this process with as little hassle as possible.
There will be lots of things to consider as we go, so here are some tips to help you keep track of your thoughts:
1. Get a notebook or a scrapbook to collect your ideas.
2. Collect sample of finishes and colours that you like.
3. Take photos of other kitchens and keep them in a reference file on your computer.
4. Set up an account on Pinterest and use it to collect your ideas and get inspiration from other people as well.
5. Add Self Build and Renovations on Facebook and use this platform to look at other people’s homes and ask them questions about their experience.
6. Visit showrooms to see what options are available.
7. View their work if possible to get an idea of what you might like.
8. Always bring colour samples to site to see if it will suit your home
9. Invest in good appliances that will last.
10. Plan your storage for grocery, cutlery and crockery.
11. Make a list of what you like and dislike about your current kitchen and ask family and friends what they like about their kitchen.
12. Consider all additional cost – appliances, worktop, installation, plumbing, tiles and flooring, painting and contingency etc
13. Layout and Efficiency
14. Measure the space available for your new kitchen and make sure to bring the measurements with you to the showroom.
15. Do your research. This will allow you to be in a much better position to leverage the kitchen designer’s experience and judge their expertise.
16. Write out a list of questions and bring them with you to the showroom.
17. And then most importantly: enjoy the process!
Planning a kitchen and seeing the results of your imagination, hard work and inspiration come together in a design that you helped to craft is a hugely rewarding process. We wish you the best of luck with your new kitchen and hope it will bring you many years of joy.
To know more, please don’t hesitate to contact us as we can give you an effective consultation as you wish to plan your kitchen. Contact us at www.naughtonskitchens.com